Developed by Kanzler Verfahrenstechnik GmbH. (KVT), the first plant was in operation for a viscose production company in 1992. During the last 20 years, SULFOX has found applications in large fields of business. KVT – today together with MECS Inc. - offers different SULFOX solutions for a wide range of gas concentrations and compositions. KVT can deliver a turn-key plant or provide engineering, key equipment and catalysts that are unique for performance, stability and durability.
SULFOX technologies are applicable in the following markets:
Refineries & Petro-chemical Industry (SRU)
- After the Gas Sweetening Unit based on amine wash system
- After Sulfur Burner in sulfuric acid production plants
- Spent acid regeneration after the alkylation phase that uses sulfuric acid
Coal based Fertilizer and Chemical Industry (Syngas SRU)
- Coke oven gas Treatment
Non-Ferro Metallurgical Industry (Mo, Pb…)
- Off-gas treatment coming from metal roasters
- Off -gas coming from sulfur recovering unit for burning pet coke
- In the sulfur recovery Unit in IGCC Plant
- Off -gas coming from the spin bath unit and from spinning machine as well as from the CS2 production plant that can be linked to the viscose production plant.
Natural Gas Processing
- Treatment of acid gas coming from the sour gas sweetening unit
- Treatment of acid gas coming from the Tail gas treatment of the Claus Process
- Tail gas treatment of the Claus Process
Advantages of the SULFOX Technology:
- Reduced operating costs thanks to efficient process management.
- Excellent cleaning performance by two-step conversion of SO2.
- An innovative catalyzer technology as well as a long maintenance-free operating time make an effective contribution towards reducing operating costs
- Optimum conversion processes thanks to a patented catalyzer technology.
- No further purification of process gas is required.
- High purity sulfuric acid can be commercialized or used for your own purpose