TECHNOLOGY IN DETAIL
download THERMODEC flow diagram
THERMODEC is a unique technology for the treatment of industrial sludge of varying consistencies and compositions. With KVT’s own revolutionary approach, paired with the latest thermal separation technology, you will recover materials and energy from your sludge, sustainably improve your CO2 footprint, and minimise your disposal costs regardless of its consistency and composition.
The ﬂexibility of THERMODEC allows our customers to treat different waste sludges, liquids, and gases in one plant.
Sludge is fed into the reactor where the stream is heated to approximately 400°C. Under the given process parameters, the sludge-phase is thermally separated into a vapor stream and a dry, solid stream. The vapor stream is cleaned, condensed, and sent to an existing incineration plant or to an integrated incineration unit. With the excess heat steam, different pressure levels can be generated depending on customer requirements.
The dry product stream can either be collected as a solid product or dissolved in a water filled mixing tank. Hydrogen chloride or caustic soda is added to the tank for neutralization. The solution is pumped through a filter to remove solid particles.
- Modular decomposition and incineration system for various waste streams
- Separation of solid components from challenging sludge streams
- Generation of energy for internal demand and export
- Saving of discharge costs for waste sludge
- Possibility to recycle and reuse certain sludge components (salt, phosphorus,…)
- Treatment of MONG (Material Organic Non-Glycerine)
- Treatment of various waste streams requiring a separation of salt and organic compounds
Innovative technologies for the production of sustainable chemicals from renewable feedstocks on eco-friendly closed loop conceptlearn more
Wet Sulfuric Acid
Production, recovery and regeneration of sulfuric acid from off-gases, spent acid or sulfur burning.learn more