TECHNOLOGY IN DETAIL
KVT has developed and successfully established a process for the manufacturing of biogenic glycerine, based on the use of crude glycerine or raw glycerine from biodiesel production.
Depending on the applications, different glycerine qualities are required. From technical grade through pharmaceutical grade and up to kosher grade, the purification process is a key factor in ensuring the required quality.
KVT has developed and successfully established a process to refine glycerine using raw glycerine from biodiesel production.
The glycerine purification is based on the following steps:
- Neutralisation and drying
- Methanol rectification
- Distillation, rectification
- Mong desalination
The resulting pharmaceutical/kosher grade glycerine is of excellent quality and has a biogenic content of 99.7%. The process can be adjusted for different raw glycerine qualities coming from different industries. This allows for production of different glycerine grades for different applications.
- Production of pure pharmaceutical glycerine from sustainable raw materials with a biogenic content of 99.7%
- Minimum final by-products with the Mong desalination unit
- Continuous and independent supply of raw materials as raw glycerine is available worldwide year round
Our customers include:
- Chemical industry
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Food processing industry
- Cosmetics industry
- Detergents industry
- Plastics and lacquer industry